Frequently Asked Questions
- “beremedy”. It’s a short way of you saying “you be the remedy for someone in need”. That’s what we do. We connect people who need help with people who can help.
“How do we help” you ask?
- It might be better to tell what we don’t help with. We don’t do money. We don’t do services. Sorry, no fundraising either. Too much gray area there. We like to stick to tangible goods
“Tangible” goods? What exactly does that mean?
- Well, we like to help with the day-to-day stuff people need. We’ve been the remedy with everything from alarm clocks to tires, even food to refrigerators. Lots of people have lots of stuff they want to donate, but want to make sure it gets to someone who needs it. Our jobs is to find that someone who needs it.
Okay. You sold me on it. What now?
- What now? What now!? Join! We can’t do what we do without you. Follow us on Twitter, fan us on facebook, or sign up for our emails, but do it now! We helped change the world today, what about you?
I know someone who really needs your help. Where do I contact you guys?
- We have forms for this type of thing. We only accept needs from nonprofits. If this is you, click here. Fill out the form and let the remedying begin!
I’ve submitted a need. What now?
- The elves are working on it. No, just kidding! You’ll be hearing from us within 48 hours whether or not we can help. Our team reviews needs as they come in and check to see if they fit within our parameters.
You’ve approved my need. What’s the next step?
- Congratulations. We’re excited we can help. Now we’ll be tweeting, texting, and posting this need. Take a seat and hold on! Be on the lookout for emails or phone calls from us. We’ll be setting you up with someone that can help.
I’m part of a business who would love to help out. What can we do?
- We say “bring it on”! We love teaming up with other organizations. The more the merrier! Organizations we work with keep an eye out for a need that they could help with and then jump on the chance to meet a need! If multiple people within your company follow us, than you’ll always have a direct line to what we’re looking for.
Well, great page. But, you still didn’t answer my question. Who can I contact?
I’ve submitted a need and haven’t heard back yet. Did it get lost in cyber space?
- Oh no! We sure hope not. If you submitted a need on the weekend, then that might be why you haven’t heard back. If not, then maybe that same gnome that steals the socks in your dryer nabbed your need. Try submitting it again. Best of luck and we’ll try and track down that pesky perpetrator!